The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative and curious spirit - in our world, it’s not about being a hero and having all the answers, it’s about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, and learn from others.
You understand the importance of platform consistency and scalability as we grow with experience and knowledge to share from both successful and failed past projects. This role would be a great fit for someone that likes to see concrete results from their work as you will be consulting and implementing solutions that operate at scale.
You're a good fit
- If you are a strategic thinker who is analytically strong and detail oriented, adept at multitasking and prioritizing and has a solid technical background or experience with software development methodologies.
- Excellent organizational, statistical, strategic thinking, problem-solving, analytical, written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, self-motivated and able to be successful in a non-traditional entrepreneurial team-based environment.
What you'll do
- Understand the Atlassian stack and how they can solve our clients business problems; Gain a deeper understanding of each of the products which make up the Atlassian suite.
- Meet and consult with clients to understand their business and how we can configure the Atlassian Stack to their requirements.
- Implement and track your project work with clients to completion whilst managing your time.
- Being situationally aware of business opportunities at clients to help solve their issues.
- Software Development Processes
- Traditional Waterfall or Prince2
- Scripting Language and SQL
- Atlassian Stack
Open System/Linux Consultant (JHB)
Obsidian Systems the experts in Open Source Software Solutions and Services is looking for candidates with the following skills to join our team!
Please review the requirements carefully.
- Passionate about Open Source technologies
- South African
- Great communication skills
- Enterprise focused
If you qualify for this position, have your own transport, and are interested in applying, please send your CV, copy of ID & academic transcripts and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening will take place in January 2016. If you receive no response, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- RHCE qualification and /or 3 – 5 years of Linux experience
- SQL skills (1yr)
- Java administration (JVM) (1yr)
- Scripting – bash, python (RHCE equivalent)
- Virtualization (KVM)
- Clustering (high-availability and load balancing)
- Hadoop Knowledge/Experience a big plus however training will be provided
- Networking (bonding)
- Automation through Puppet/Ansible/Chef/Saltstack
- Filesystems (ext3/ext4/xfs)
- AD/LDAP fundamentals & integration, with and without PAM
- Design, implement and document solutions based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, OSS applications, virtualization technologies (KVM)
- Integrate Red Hat Enterprise Linux with 3rd party hardware (servers, SANs) and applications (proprietary and OSS)
- Repository building & maintenance (yum & apt)
- Performance tuning through kernel parameters & ulimits
- Implementing platforms for clients
- Perform standby support for contract customers
- Assist with monitoring of client service/server availability
- Assisting the sales force (pre-sales engineering and presentations)
- Present training courses
- Day to day, and month to month tasks such as monthly maintenance among others